The College has established term time exchange programmes (for one term or one year) with a number of universities worldwide. The programmes provide students with opportunities to study abroad as an exchange student, in which they can exchange ideas with students of different cultures, and also can better understand the society and culture of other countries.
- Campus Environment
- Facilities and Hostels
- College General Education
- Bi-weekly Assembly and Public Lecture
- Topics and Important Notice for Registration
- Announcement of 648th Bi-weekly Assembly
- Announcement of 649th Bi-weekly Assembly
- Announcement of 650th Bi-weekly Assembly
- Announcement of 651st Bi-weekly Assembly
- Announcement of 652nd Bi-weekly Assembly
- Announcement of 653rd Bi-weekly Assembly
- Announcement of 654th Bi-weekly Assembly
- Announcement of 655th Bi-weekly Assembly
- Announcement of 659th Bi-weekly Assembly
- Announcement of 660th Bi-weekly Assembly
- Language and Culture Programmes
- Personal Development
- Founders’ Day
- Scholarships and Subsidies
- Student Counselling
- Overseas Experience
- One Year / One Semester Exchange Programmes
- New Asia College / Yale University Student Exchange Programme
- Summer Internship Programme
- New Asia College / Hertford College of Oxford University, Study Abroad and Cultural Exploration Programme
- New Asia College / Ewha Womans University – Global Student Partnership
- Subsidy Scheme for Summer Study Abroad
- New Asia College / Hunan University Summer Exchange Programme
- Student Bodies
Eligibility and Online Application
For ALL Exchange Programmes:
- New Asia College students
- Good academic and disciplinary standing
- CUHK full-time students are ONLY allowed to go on exchange for a maximum of one academic year (ie. two regular terms plus one u-wide summer exchange)
- Final year students (whose expected graduation period is 2nd Term 2022/23) are NOT eligible to apply for 2nd term and 1 year exchange.
- If students’ expected graduation term is the first term of the current academic year (i.e. 2022-23, Term 1), they are INELIGIBLE to apply for the exchange programmes.
- Priority would be given to senior students who have neither been on term-time nor summer-term exchange.
- All first year students cannot request for exemption for interview. The College reserves the final right to require a student to attend an interview.
- According to the General Regulations Governing Full-time Undergraduate Studies, CUHK undergraduates who have satisfied all graduation requirements shall graduate (Regulation 12.1). Students are strongly recommended to have good planning of their academic studies to avoid extension of study period after fulfilment of all graduation requirements, particularly course unit requirement, to participate in an exchange programme.
For Japan Programmes only:
- Japanese proficiency (“New Practical Japanese I” or above, or equivalent level acquired from other educational institutions)
- Knowledge or interest in Japanese culture preferred.
- Interview must be required.
For all other non-English language requirements of various host institutions, please refer to the Admission Requirements.
- “Recommendation Form” is ONLY applicable to second year or above (ie. completed at least two semesters at CUHK)
- Please note that the choices of exchange programmes CANNOT be changed or re-ranking preferences once the application is submitted
Submission of supporting documents
- Students who would like to apply for exemption for interview must seek two referees (CUHK full-time teaching staff) to complete the recommendation forms to support his/her request. The form MUST be submitted by the referees through internal mail to the College Office or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 11 November 2022.
- For year-one students admitted through non-jupas, please submit public exam results or transcripts of other institutions (via online application) on or before 11 November 2022.
- For students admitted in the senior year who do not have CUHK GPA (with Associate Degree/ Higher Diploma qualifications), please submit previous transcripts (via online application) on or before 11 November 2022.
- Proof of TOEFL/IELTS results (only valid from tests on or after 1 September 2021) and non-English language requirements on or before 20 January 2023 by email to email@example.com.
- For students who apply for Japan exchange programmes, please submit the transcripts/test reports(eg. JLPT) which shows the Japanese language or cultural courses taken at CUHK or other institutions (via online application) on or before 11 November 2022.