Bursaries and Financial Aids
The College offers a number of bursaries and financial aid to students with financial needs. Local students are encouraged to apply first for Tertiary Student Finance Scheme – Publicly Funded Programmes (TSFS) provided by the Government.
I. Listing of Bursaries and Financial Aids
- Mr. Y.S. Hui Emergency Financial Assistance Fund
- Ms. Wu Ling Memorial Emergency Financial Assistance Scheme
- Prof. Yeung Chung Kee & Prof. Kao Mayching Emergency Financial Assistance Scheme
- C-Ching Bursary
- Austin-Hughes Charitable Foundation Bursary
- Mrs. Cheung Woo Po King Memorial Bursary
- Mr. Law Kar Ping Bursary
- Mr. Ma Hung Kie & Mrs. Ma Liu Suk Yin Memorial Bursary Fund
- The KJ & HK Charitable Trust Bursary
- Ms. Leung Chui Han Bursary for the Department of Philosophy
- Mr. Lai Tat Bursary for the Department of Chinese Language and Literature
- Sparkle of Hope Bursary
- Lui Ming Memorial Bursary
- Mr. Akihiro Nagahara Bursary
- Tin Ka Ping Foundation Bursary
- Ms. Chan Lai Fong Memorial Bursary
- Scholarships and Financial Aid http://www.oafa.cuhk.edu.hk/finance.html
- Summer Subsistence & Travel Loan Scheme http://www.oafa.cuhk.edu.hk/aid/summer_and_travel.html
- Tertiary Student Finance Scheme – Publicly-funded Programmes (TSFS)
- Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Full-time Tertiary Students (NLSFT)
College bursaries and financial aids are generally open for application in September.
Students with emergency needs due to sudden family changes or other special reasons can contact Ms. Hazel Lee (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: 3943 7944) of Dean of Students’ Office to apply for emergency assistance any time throughout the year. Non-local students are also welcome to approach our office should they have any financial difficulty.
III. Tuition deferral
If students encounter any difficulties in settling tuition or hostel fees by the deadline set by the University, they can approach the College to apply for a tuition deferment. For details, please refer to the announcement at the beginning of each semester.