- Campus Environment
- Facilities and Hostels
- College General Education
- Bi-weekly Assembly and Public Lecture
- Topics and Important Notice for Registration
- Announcement of 648th Bi-weekly Assembly
- Announcement of 649th Bi-weekly Assembly
- Announcement of 650th Bi-weekly Assembly
- Announcement of 651st Bi-weekly Assembly
- Announcement of 652nd Bi-weekly Assembly
- Announcement of 653rd Bi-weekly Assembly
- Announcement of 654th Bi-weekly Assembly
- Announcement of 655th Bi-weekly Assembly
- Announcement of 659th Bi-weekly Assembly
- Announcement of 660th Bi-weekly Assembly
- Language and Culture Programmes
- Personal Development
- Founders’ Day
- Scholarships and Subsidies
- Student Counselling
- Overseas Experience
- One Year / One Semester Exchange Programmes
- New Asia College / Yale University Student Exchange Programme
- Summer Internship Programme
- New Asia College / Hertford College of Oxford University, Study Abroad and Cultural Exploration Programme
- New Asia College / Ewha Womans University – Global Student Partnership
- Subsidy Scheme for Summer Study Abroad
- New Asia College / Hunan University Summer Exchange Programme
- Student Bodies
This scheme aims to encourage students to enrich their learning experience and to broaden their horizon by attending summer schools in various overseas universities. The College hopes that such experiences can enable students to deepen their understanding of different culture of places worldwide, develop mutual understanding and foster exchange between universities. This subsidy Scheme is funded by Ivy and KL Wong & Friends Fund, Mr. Michael Wong Student Exchange Scholarships and New Asia College Alumni Golf Association (NAGAA) Summer Exchange Scholarships.
- Student’s sharing from New Asia Life Monthly – Jan 2020 (University of Cambridge)
- Student’s sharing from New Asia Life Monthly – Feb 2020 (University of California, Berkeley)
- All New Asia College students (except final-year students whose expected graduation is 2022-23 2nd-term)
- Good academic and disciplinary standing
- English Proficiency (particularly for studying in English speaking countries)
In-person programmes only
Student can only apply for in-person programme/course(s) provided by a overseas university or educational institution during summer (May – Aug) 2023. Online programmes are not accepted.
– 12 places for University of California, Berkeley (Summer Sessions)
– 12 places for University of Cambridge (including International Summer Programme and Pembroke-King’s Programme)
– 8 places for the other overseas universities
Before the application, students are advised to check the website of the respective organizer for the following detailed information:
- Application deadline(s),
- Admission requirements (especially English language requirements),
- Programmes / courses available
- Accommodation and meal arrangement,
- Assessment method and transcript/certificate arrangement
- Fees and payment deadline
- CUHK’s credit transfer arrangement and consultation with your department (*students are encouraged to transfer courses and credits back to CUHK, but it is NOT necessarily required under this scheme) etc.
*Please note that the College is NOT responsible for any application of summer programmes with any overseas institutions. Students are required to apply for the summer programmes by themselves. For the most updated information, please refer to the official website of the host universities/institutions for each programme, or contact the programme coordinators for enquiries.
a) Submit Online Application on or before 17 February 2023.
b) Copies of IELTS or TOEFL report (if any), should be submitted through the online application by uploading supporting documents.
c) Screening of application and recommendation of grant will be based on the following criteria:
– Academic performance
– Priority will be given to those students without overseas exchange experience
d) Successful applicants will be informed individually by email on 28 February 2023.
e) Caution money of HK$1,500 shall be payable by successful applicants after receiving the notification from the College. Failure in registration for the summer schools without a proper reason may result in the forfeiture of the caution money.
Subsidy from the College
Each participating student would receive a scholarship, namely, Mr. Michael Wong Student Exchange Scholarship or New Asia College Alumni Golf Association (NAGAA) Summer Exchange Scholarship or other funding support, depending on the region and number of course(s) being passed.
– For Asian regions
HK$5,000 (Pass 1 course) or HK$10,000 (Pass 2 courses).
– For non- Asian regions
HK$10,000 (Pass 1 course) or HK$20,000 (Pass 2 courses).
Upon completion of the summer course(s), applicants have to fulfil the following requirements in order to be eligible for the subsidy:
- Submit the softcopy of the official transcript or certificate of completion (which can show student name, the programme/course(s) name, passing grade(s) and completion date) issued by the host universities/institutions as a proof of completing the programme/course(s).
- Submit the course outlines and class schedule.
- Submit a financial report and the softcopies of receipts (tuition fee, room and board, airfare and insurance) relevant to the programme.
- Submit a written report (in English; including self-reflection) of 1,000 words, and 3-5 photos with captions featuring the learning experience (The College reserves the right to edit the report for publication).
- Assist the College in the promotion of language and exchange activities (such as to share with other College students their learning experience).
Other Financial Assistance
This programme is eligible programmes under “EDB Subsidy Schemes – SSE and SSEBR”, eligible students may apply for the subsidy schemes. For more information about financial assistance, please visit the OAL website: http://www.oal.cuhk.edu.hk/scholarshipsandfinancialaid/.