Hang Seng Community Service Scholarship 2017/18
(English version only)
Application Deadline: 26 October 2017 (Thursday) 5:00 p.m.
The "Hang Seng Community Service Scholarship 2017/18" is now open for application. The College would nominate students to compete for 2 awards of $20,000 each with nominees from other Colleges and Faculties.
- Local full-time undergraduate students who are neither in their first year nor final year of study.
- Students must be permanent residents of Hong Kong.
- Students must have attained a cumulative GPA of at least 3.3.
- Students must have contributed a minimum of 100 hours of recognized voluntary services to the community (taken place locally or overseas) in the previous academic year, i.e. for the period from 1 August 2016 to 31 July 2017. All training hours of voluntary services are NOT counted.
Please complete the online application form (click here to proceed).
After completing the online application form, please submit the below supporting documents to the Dean of Students' Office before the application deadline:
- A copy of the confirmation email received upon completion of the online application form
- A letter of recommendation by a CUHK teaching staff or an organization you are currently serving / have served before. The letter should be addressed to Hang Seng Bank Limited (Attn.: Ms. Alison Ho) and printed on appropriate letterhead paper.
- An official University transcript (Downloaded copy is acceptable, provided that it has been certified as a true copy by the Faculty with stamp.)
- For applicants who had participated in overseas exchange programmes: Photocopies of academic transcripts with Explanation Notes of Grading System on an Exchange Programme (if applicable) (Downloaded transcript is not acceptable.)
- A photocopy of HKID card
- Proofs of voluntary services, which specify the period* of voluntary services and number of service-hours, e.g. Certifying letter and/or Certificates issued by the voluntary organizations with the period* of voluntary services and number of service-hours, etc. Only services hours between 1 August 2016 and 31 July 2017 are counted. All training hours of voluntary services are NOT counted.
*The start date and end date must be clearly stated in the proofs.
Mr. Howard Kwan (Tel: 3943-8615; Email: email@example.com)
Ms. Edith Tsang (Tel: 3943-7944; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)