I. New Asia College Scholarships
New Asia College strives to award students with outstanding academic performance, active social or college participation, leadership ability or magnificent improvement through various scholarships. Scholarships are also granted for students in financial need and for those who engage in overseas exchange programmes. In 2017-18, the College has awarded scholarships of over HK$6.6 million to over 850 recipients.
II. Bursaries and Financial Aid
The College offers a number of bursaries and financial aid to local students who cannot get sufficient financial assistance under the Tertiary Student Finance Scheme - Publicly Funded Programmes (TSFS) provided by the Government. As College bursaries and financial aid are a supplement to Government assistance, students are encouraged to apply for the TSFS first.
Application for College bursaries and financial aid are open generally in each September, but students with emergency needs due to sudden family changes or other special reasons can contact Ms. Edith Tsang or Mr. Howard Kwan of the Dean of Students' Office to apply for emergency assistance any time throughout the year. Non-local students are also welcome to approach our office should they have any financial difficulty.
Below is the list of bursaries and financial aid provided by the College, the University and also the Government:
○ Mr. Y.S. Hui Bursary & Emergency Financial Assistance Fund
○ Ms. Wu Ling Memorial Emergency Financial Assistance Scheme
○ Prof. Yeung Chung Kee & Prof. Kao Mayching Emergency Financial Assistance Scheme
○ C-Ching Bursary
○ Austin-Hughes Charitable Foundation Bursary
○ Mrs. Cheung Woo Po King Memorial Bursary
○ Mr. Law Kar Ping Bursary
○ Mr. Ma Hung Kie & Mrs. Ma Liu Suk Yin Memorial Bursary Fund
○ Scholarships and Financial Aid
○ Summer Subsistence & Travel Loan Scheme
○ Tertiary Student Finance Scheme - Publicly-funded Programmes (TSFS)
○ Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Full-time Tertiary Students (NLSFT)
III. Tuition Deferment
If students encounter any difficulties in settling tuition or hostel fees by the deadline set by the University, they can approach the College to apply for a tuition deferment. For details, please refer to the announcement at the beginning of each semester.
Ms. Edith Tsang
Ms. Karen Wong