Background, Vision and Mission
The Committee on the Management of the Hui Gallery is established under the Assembly of Fellows of New Asia College with the aim to serve the University community and the local community by exhibiting a wide range of artifacts. Y.S. Hui Exchange Programme supported by the generous donation of YS Hui Foundation Ltd. Teachers of Department of Fine Arts invites and selects local and overseas artists to hold exhibition and other exchange activities in campus, with the aim to develop network and linkage between students and the society and encourage their cultural exchange.
(A) Terms of Reference
1. To serve the University community and the local community by exhibiting a wide range of artifacts.
2. To offer opportunities in arts education through our exhibitions, and helps enhancing
the aesthetic development of students.
3. Be responsible for collecting, processing and approving venue booking requests. The Committee
is also responsible for managing the sequence of exhibitions.
4. Be responsible for providing necessary assistance to exhibition organizers, and subsidizing their
exhibition when necessary.
5. To give useful advices to the College on how to maintain and improve the facilities in the Gallery
6. Examine and approve applications for financial support for inviting local and overseas artists.
1. The Committee consists of a maximum of 15 members(excluding student representatives);
2. The Secretary is appointed by the College Secretary.
(C) Meeting Schedule
1. A meeting will normally be convened once a year;
2. The Chairperson may convene other ad hoc meeting(s) if necessary.
12 January 2017