Background, Vision and Mission
The Committee mainly oversees the United Finance Visiting Scholars Programme which provides financial support to teaching staff for attending academic conferences outside Hong Kong or inviting overseas scholars to visit the College. The Programme is supported by the generous donation of United Asia Finance Limited for enhancing academic and cultural exchange in the College.
(A) Terms of Reference
1. Examine and approve applications for financial support for attending academic
conferences or inviting overseas scholars;
2. Review on the existing guidelines of the Programme and propose amendments if necessary.
1. The Committee consists of a maximum of 15 members;
2. The Chairperson is appointed by the Assembly of Fellows, while the Secretary is
appointed by the College Secretary.
(C) Meetings Schedule
1. A meeting will normally be convened after each round of applications of
conference grants (three rounds each year);
2. The Chairperson may convene other ad hoc meeting(s) if necessary.
12 January 2017