Details of the Bi-weekly Assemblies, Student Dinner Colloquia and public lectures of this term are as follows:
Venue: Sir Run Run Shaw Hall
6:30 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.
Student Dinner Colloquia
Venue：Yun Chi Hsien, Staff Student Centre – Leung Hung Kee Building
2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Brief introduction of the speakers of Bi-weekly Assemblies, Colloquia and Public Lectures
• three Bi-weekly Assemblies, or;
• two Bi-weekly Assemblies and one public lecture
The first Bi-weekly Assembly of this semester will be held on 10 January 2020 (Friday) at 11:30 a.m. in Sir Run Run Shaw Hall with the topic “From the Bank to the Battlefield: A Personal Reflection in Humanitarian Diplomacy”, while the first Student Dinner Colloquium will be on 26 February 2020 (Wednesday) at 8:30 p.m. in Yun Chi Hsien, Staff Student Centre – Leung Hung Kee Building with the topic “Silence and Truth: A lesson Learned from Bones”.
Students must register for the required number of Bi-weekly Assemblies, public lectures and Student Lunch/Dinner Colloquia at the website: https://www.cuhk.edu.hk/ras. The captioned web-site will be open for on-line registration during the following periods:
Due to limited seats, students can only attend one Colloquium or one public lecture in each term. All College students may register for the Colloquia and public lectures at the aforementioned period.
The College reviews and revises the arrangements of the Colloquia from time to time in a bid to cater for students’ needs and to facilitate student enrichment. In this academic year, students having registered for the Lunch/Dinner Colloquium are required to pay a fee of HK$35. Students who have registered for the Colloquia may settle the payment either by:
1. Paying the fee in cash to specified bank account of the CUHK (Account number: 293-005005-018) at any branch of Hang Seng Bank. Please keep the original transaction advice/receipt. OR
2. Transferring the fee to the aforementioned bank account through automatic teller machines (ATM) of the Hang Seng Bank. During ATM transaction, please choose “Transfer” service and keep the “Transaction Advice”.
* Please write your full name and Student ID number on the back of your original transaction advice/receipt/ATM advice.
Then, you should come on 15 or 16 January 2020 (Wed or Thu), from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., at the Reading Corner (READxNA) located inside the New Asia Student Canteen to submit your individual and original transaction advice/receipt/ATM advice. OR
3. Paying by “Octopus Card” at the specific time-slots (15 or 16 January) and location mentioned above. Please write your full name and Student ID number on the back of the receipt. Payment in cash will not be accepted.
CUHK Information Technology Services Centre Registration and Attendance System (RAS) Webpage